Thursday, October 3, 2019

The Lord of Heaven’s Armies

Scripture:

“For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here, God tells Israel that it has nothing to fear.  No man can stand against them because He is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.  This is a prophetic word concerning them returning to their land after being deported.  God let’s them know that if He can stir up the sea and cause the waves to roar, He can take care of His people and defeat their enemies.

Application:

When we feel down, discouraged, or overwhelmed, we must remember that God is still on the throne.  The wind and waves obey Him and He won’t allow more on us that we can bear.  We can rest confident that our God is strong enough to defeat any enemy that arises in our lives.  He is able to provide for His people.  He can move heaven and earth when one of His children is in need.  We must learn to trust Him more.

Prayer:

Lord of Heaven’s Armies, I look to You as my source and my resource.  Help me to walk through this life fulfilling Your plans and purposes.  Teach me to walk closer and closer to You at all times.  Draw me nearer and nearer to You.   Help me to seek after You with all my heart and strength.  I long to see You move mightily in my generation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment