Thursday, October 17, 2019

My People

Scripture:

“I will give them hearts that recognize me as the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭24:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah prophesies here about the return and re-establishment of God’s people after their captivity.  God was punishing them, but in the process, He said He would give some of them heart that would recognize Him as the Lord.  He said they would be His people and He would be their God when they return to Him wholeheartedly.

Application:

God has always longed for one simple thing.  It is recorded all through Scripture.  He has always wanted a people who would be His and that He could be their God.  He has always wanted a people who would turn to Him wholeheartedly.  When we fulfill our end of wholeheartedly coming to Him, He will be our God and we will be His people, then we will see breakthroughs in our lives, homes and regions.

Prayer:

Father God, don’t let me live a half-hearted or complacent life.  Empower me to live a zealous life for You and Your kingdom.  I want to live full-throttle for You.  I want You to be my God and to walk close to You.  I want to live a life that pleases You.  Show me the way forward and I will go.  I am Yours completely.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment