Monday, October 28, 2019

Turn Back

Scripture:

“Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord.”
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:40‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Prior to this passage, Jeremiah was speaking about the destruction that had happened as God’s judgment for the sins of Jerusalem.  He was lamenting how God had destroyed and punished His people and then this verse tells us to test and examine our ways and return to the Lord.

Application:

The best thing we can do when we realize we have done wrong is to simply turn back to the Lord with all our heart.  We need to learn to always walk be Him examining our ways.  If we will do this, we won’t have to be turning and repenting much.  I need to walk in a continual examination of myself.  As John Crist says, “Check your heart”.  We have the Holy Spirit to help us walk this walk.  He will show us what needs to change.  Our job is to follow His lead.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in step with the Spirit.  Teach me to live a life that You can bless and that will honor You and Your kingdom.  When I do mess up, enable me to quickly examine my heart and return to You and Your ways.  I want to serve You well and for my life to bring Your praise.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment