Wednesday, October 16, 2019

They Cannot Defeat Me

Scripture:

“But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior. Before him my persecutors will stumble. They cannot defeat me. They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated. Their dishonor will never be forgotten.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭20:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah had a lot of people against him because of the messages he brought from the Lord.  He wished he didn’t have to deliver them, but he couldn’t stop.  God’s word was like a fire in his bones.  Even though everyone was against him, he knew that the Lord was beside him like a great warrior.  He knew he could not be defeated because he knew his walk with God was strong.

Application:

When we walk with the Lord, He will give confidence that no weapon formed against us will prosper and that He will defeat our enemies.  We must walk in confidence that the Lord stands beside us at all times and that He will take care of us in every situation.  The closer we are with the Lord, the more confidence we have in Him.  Our job is to draw near to Him.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk closer with You every day.  Help me to discipline my life and align myself with Your will at all times.  You. Are my protector.  You are my shield.  They cannot defeat me because You walk beside me.  Be my protection as I draw near to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment