Friday, October 11, 2019

Don’t Waste Good Seed

Scripture:

“This is what the Lord says to the people of Judah and Jerusalem: “Plow up the hard ground of your hearts! Do not waste your good seed among thorns.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭4:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah tells God’s people to plow up the ground of their hearts.  The word of God must be received by good soil in order to produce fruit. He said, “Do not waste your good seed along thorns.”  Thorns can grow in hard ground and will choke out the good seed.  God says to get your heart right so you can hear what He is saying.

Application:

We must always come to God’s word with soft hearts.  Being hard hearted never gets us anywhere with God.  He wants us to have a heart that remains soft and flexible before Him so His seed can be received into good soft soil and produce what it is meant to.

Prayer:

Lord, let my heart be soft before You.  Let my ears listen to every word You speak and let my heart be quick to respond to Your will in every area of life.  Help me not to harden my heart, but to remain ready to receive your word at all times.  Help me not to let the cares of this life or anything else harden my heart toward You and Your word.  I want to do Your will above all else.

Your Son,
Jeff

1 comment: