Monday, October 14, 2019

Cling to the Lord

Scripture:

“As a loincloth clings to a man’s waist, so I created Judah and Israel to cling to me, says the Lord. They were to be my people, my pride, my glory—an honor to my name. But they would not listen to me.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭13:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Lord speaks through Jeremiah about His desire and purpose in creating His people.  His desire was that they would cling to Him like a loincloth clings to a man.  He wanted them to be His pride and glory.  He wanted His people to bring honor to His name, but they refused to listen.  God has always longed for a people who would walk closely with Him.

Application:

I want to be the answer to God’s cry in this text.  I want to walk as close to Him as a loincloth is to a man.  I want to live a life that brings Him glory, honor, and praise.  The only way for me to do this is to draw closer to Him each and every day.  I need to cling closer and spend more time in His presence.  It is time in His presence that causes me to reflect His glory.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to walk closer with You each day.  Help me to reflect Your glory in my generation.  Help me to cling to You as close as my skin and to never turn away.  I want to make Your name famous and I want my life to bring Your praise.  Empower me to do it I pray.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment