Saturday, October 5, 2019

Restoration and Revival

Scripture:

“The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭57:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage God speaks through Isaiah and tells His people that He lives with those whose spirits are humble and contrite.  He goes on to say that He restores the crushed spirit of the humble and revives the courage of those who repent.  God takes care of those who humble themselves before Him in genuine repentance.

Application:

My job is to stay in an attitude of humility and repentance, God then will restore, and revive.  He takes care of those who humbly walk before Him, depending on Him for everything.  God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  He never rejects those who come to Hi in humility and brokenness.  I need to walk in humility at all times and remain dependent on God.

Prayer:

Lord, I love You and want to serve You well on the earth all the days of my life.  Teach me to not lean on the arm of my flesh and my abilities, but on You and Your abilities.  Help me to always depend on You and trust You.  Convict me where I’m wrong and lead me into Your presence.  I want to know Your heart and Your ways more and more.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment