Friday, October 25, 2019

What Ruler Can Oppose The Lord?

Scripture:

“I will come like a lion from the thickets of the Jordan, leaping on the sheep in the pasture. I will chase Edom from its land, and I will appoint the leader of my choice. For who is like me, and who can challenge me? What ruler can oppose my will?””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭49:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah tells Edom here what the Lord is going to do to them.  God spoke through Jeremiah saying that He would appoint the leader He wants there and then tells asks the questions; “Who is like Me? Who can challenge Me? And What leader can oppose My will?”  The answer: Nobody.

Application:

Nobody can oppose what the Lord wants to do.  He will allow things to go on for a certain amount of time, but God will not be mocked.  When He speaks, it will be strong and He will straighten things out.  There is no leader like Him.  There is nobody who can do what He can do.  My best choice is to humble myself before Him and walk in His ways.  I want Him on my side at all times.  He is incredible!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are faithful!  You area strong!  You never fail and Your ways are beyond comprehension.  I love You and want to serve You well in my generation.  Come in all of Your power and move in my region.  Come and bring an awakening to northern Va.  Come and move strongly in my family, my church and my region.  Walk with me as I go to Ghana and work powerfully through me as I go.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment