Thursday, October 24, 2019

How Can You Stay Still

Scripture:

““But how can it be still when the Lord has sent it on a mission? For the city of Ashkelon and the people living along the sea must be destroyed.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭47:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In the verse prior to this one Jeremiah is talking about the sword of the Lord.  He then comes into this verse and says, “how can it be still when the Lord has sent it on a mission?”  He was speaking of the sword of the Lord and was saying that when God sends something on a mission, it cannot be still.

Application:

God isn’t sending swords into battle these days, but He is sending His people on mission.  Our response should be like Jeremiah’s about the sword, “How can I be still when the Lord has sent me on a mission?”  As the body of Christ, we have been sent on a mission.  We must not be still when we’ve been sent by God on His mission.  God is looking for an active people who are advancing His kingdom in all the earth.  We must rise up and do something with the Great Commission.

Prayer:

Lord, let me never be still when You have sent me on a mission.  Help me to accomplish all You have for me in my lifetime.  Enable me to take the Good News of Christ to the ends of the earth.  Help me to actively and not lazily, build Your kingdom here and around the world.  I don’t want to be an unprofitable servant.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment