Saturday, October 26, 2019

God Humbles Us

Scripture:

““In those coming days,” says the Lord, “the people of Israel will return home together with the people of Judah. They will come weeping and seeking the Lord their God.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭50:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah prophesies here that God’s people will come out of Babylonian captivity.  He says they will return home again, but they will come weeping and seeking the Lord their God.  God had used Babylon to punish His people.  He wanted them to humble themselves before Him so He could bless them.

Application:

When God really delivers you, the only option is tears of humility and seeking more of the Lord.  Just like the people of Israel and Judah, God wants us to look to Him.  Everything is much better when we continue to look to the Lord and obey what He says.  We have the choice to humble ourselves before Him now or be humbled later.  My choice is to humble myself before Him now.

Prayer:

Lord, You are my everything.  I humble myself before You.  Show me any area of my life that is not right with You.  I want to walk in Your blessing and favor.  Show me Your path for my life.  Teach me to walk in Your ways and to follow You wholeheartedly.  I am Yours and I want Your will for my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment