Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Be Courteous, Humble and Considerate

Scripture:

“And remind them to never tear down anyone with their words or quarrel, but instead be considerate, humble, and courteous to everyone” (Titus 3:2 TPT).

Observation:

Paul tells his son Titus about working with elders in each city where he is establishing the church.  As he does, he tells him to remind those elders to never tear anyone down or quarrel, but to be considerate, humble and courteous to everyone.  Paul’s words to leaders is that they should walk in humility and never tear people down.

Application:

I want to be a river of living water.  I want life to flow out of me, not judgment and death.  I want people to come to the river and drink because they are refreshed, not put down or fought with.  I need to work on being considerate, humble and courteous to everyone I come in contact with.  It is a huge reflection of our walk with Christ.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to see value in everyone and to make them feel wanted, accepted and valuable.  Help me to not be quick to fight, but to walk humbly before You and others.  Teach me to yield my tongue and emotions to You.  Let a river of life flow out of my life and into everyone around me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment