Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Obedience and the Prophetic

Scripture:

“And if I announce that I will plant and build up a certain nation or kingdom, but then that nation turns to evil and refuses to obey me, I will not bless it as I said I would.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭18:9-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah is crying out destruction is coming to Judah then God takes him down to a potter’s house and shows him a potter working at the wheel.  The pottery was marred in the hands of the potter, so the potter changed the outcome into something different.  Then God said to Jeremiah the above verse which tells us that if God pronounces something, it can still change depending on the obedience of the people.  The obedience of the person or nation impacts the fulfillment of the prophetic.

Application:

Just because God has spoken things, it doesn’t mean they will always come to pass.  They will come to pass as we are obedience to do what He has asked us to do.  Even if the prophetic word is negative, we can turn it around with our obedience.  If it is positive, we can stop it with our disobedience.  We must always walk in obedience to the will and purposes of God, then our prophetic words will come to pass and we will live victorious lives.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in obedience at all times.  You are my protector.  You are my provider.  You are my comforter.  My hope and trust are in You.  Let Your will be accomplished in and through my life. I long for You to move powerfully in my life and in my region.  Come Holy Spirit and bring revival.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment