Saturday, October 19, 2019

But Then

Scripture:

“This is what the Lord says: “You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Jeremiah was predicting 70 years of Babylonian captivity, “but then” God would bring His people home and do all the good things He had promised.  God was planning to allow consequences for their behavior, BUT THEN He was going to bring them back and bless them.

Application:

There are always times and seasons in God.  There are times when we are experiencing difficulties and times when we prosper.  God always blesses His people eventually.  Sometimes when we are going through a bad or difficult time, we need to hear the Lord saying “BUT THEN”.  We need to realize that bad days won’t last forever and to know that God will bring us out in His timing and not ours.

Prayer:

Father, I love You and want to constantly walk with You.  Help me to realize that there are times and seasons.  In this season, thank You for the “but then”.  Thanks for letting me know that this season will end and You will bless my life again.  Fulfill Your purposes in my life.  I trust You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment