Saturday, October 12, 2019

Is There Healing for God’s People?

Scripture:

“Is there no medicine in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why is there no healing for the wounds of my people?”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭8:22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God has been telling Jeremiah about the destruction coming to His people because they have not obeyed Him or followed His ways.  In this verse, Jeremiah replies to God asking if there is no healing for his people.  He is asking God why his people can’t be healed.

Application:

The truth about this passage is that there is healing for God’s people.  The Great Physician is still on the throne and heals His people.  Every wound can be healed.  The problem is that the people were walking in complete disobedience to God’s word and His ways.  Their healing would come through repentance, but they were not willing to repent.  Healing is the children’s bread, but the children must walk in obedience.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in step with Your Spirit every day of my life.  I want to live above only and not beneath.  I want to live a life of obedience to Your every word.  I want healing and life to flow from my life as I serve and work for You.  I am Yours.  All that I am.  All that I’m not.  Everything of mine belongs to You.  You are my everything.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment