Thursday, October 31, 2019

Receive God’s Promises

Scripture:

“So don’t allow your hearts to grow dull or lose your enthusiasm, but follow the example of those who fully received what God has promised because of their strong faith and patient endurance.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:12‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The author of Hebrews here tells us not to grow dull or lose enthusiasm.  Rather, he says we should follow those who fully received God’s promises through faith and patience.  It is by faith and patience we inherit God’s promises.  

Application:

When we operate in faith, we tend to think faith will open doors and move mountains instantly.  Sometimes it does, but sometimes faith needs patience to be added to it.  When things are not moving as quickly as we would like, we must learn to walk in faith and patience.  God will do what He says He will do, but we must be patient in the process, knowing we will receive the promises.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in faith and patience.  Don’t let my heart grow dull and don’t let me lose my enthusiasm.  Energize my spirit and help me to hold onto Your promises.  Open my ears to hear Your promises as well.  Enable me to live by faith AND patience, knowing You will do what You say Your will do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment