Monday, July 1, 2024

Guidance from the Lord

 Scripture:

“Uzziah sought God during the days of Zechariah, who taught him to fear God. And as long as the king sought guidance from the Lord, God gave him success.” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭26‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zechariah taught Uzziah to fear God and worship Him. This verse says that as long as the king sought guidance from God, he was given success. The thing to observe is that seeking God’s guidance brings about success in all of life. God knows best what we need to do. Seeking His direction and guidance is the best thing we can do.

Application:

Many times it is easier to just go through life making the decisions that seem right at the time. It is sometimes easier to just do what makes sense rather than seek the Lord’s guidance on decisions we must make in our lives. God’s ways always lead to success. We must learn to seek His guidance, even when the decision seems easy to make. Direction from the Lord must be seen as a super valuable asset in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, here I am once again asking You to guide and direct my life. Show me the things I am to be doing. Make clear the path before me and help me to be led by Your Spirit and not my flesh. Let me always be a seeker of God above all else. Open my ears and eyes to hear clearly and give me a heart to obey completely.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment