Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Rally Cry

 Scripture:

“Then I said to the nobles, the rulers, and the rest of the people, “The work is great and extensive, and we are separated far from one another on the wall. Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us.”” ‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭4‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah had everyone working on the wall while fighting the enemies off. He realized it wasn’t working and that there were gaps in the wall where enemies could enter. His response was to tell the people that the work was great and extensive, but that they were separated from one another on the wall. He decided to have everyone rally to wherever the trumpet would sound and believed that God would fight for them as they did this. He saw separation and division as weakness, therefore he got everyone together and rallying to the trumpet. 

Application:

Sometimes, when things are not going as well as we would like, we must make a rally call to get the people together to accomplish the vision God has given us. There are times when everyone is working, but not effectively because there is separation. A leader must make the rallying cry and call God’s people together in unity so He will fight our battles. When there is separation and division, we need to rally around the vision and watch God work. They were all working and doing a good job, but they needed to work TOGETHER.

Prayer:

Father, help me as a leader to make the rally call and to bring the team together to accomplish Your will. Show me how and when to make the call. Lead me and guide me into Your truth and help me to fulfill everything You have given me to do. I want to follow well and lead Your people well. Give me the steps and help me to implement them.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment