Monday, July 29, 2024

Knowing Him in Suffering

 Scripture:

“I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭42‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In the closing of the story of Job, as God is restoring Job’s fortunes and blessing his life again, Job makes this statement, “I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.” Job had been a very godly man his entire life and God blessed him for it. It was only after suffering terrible devastation that he said, now I have seen you with my own eyes. Suffering actually cause him to have an encounter with God he possible couldn’t have had any other way.

Application:

Sometimes walking through difficult things allows us to experience God in a new and a deeper way. Paul said he wanted to know Christ in the power of his resurrection and in the fellowship of His suffering. We must be ready to know God in every season. It seems from these verses that there is something very powerful about serving God and remaining in Him during the trying seasons of life. 

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercies are forever. You are awesome and I am awestruck by You. Help me to endure hardship like a good soldier and to know You walk with You in the good times and in times I can’t explain. I want to know You deeper than ever before. As Job said, “I have heard about You,” and after suffering he said now he had encountered You face to face. I long to know You, whatever that takes.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment