Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Work for God

 Scripture:

“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.” ‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God tells us here that whatever we are doing, we should work willingly like we were working for the Lord and not people. It is hard to not be a people pleaser and care about what people think. It is important to put this aside and work hard at whatever we do because we are doing it for the Lord. The position doesn’t matter, what matters is that we work hard and do it unto the Lord.

Application:

As believers, our heart should always work with excellence in everything we do. We need to represent Christ well in all that we do. In order to do this we must not work with man in mind, but God. Whatever we do, we should do for the glory of God and not to please man. Man’s honor will fade away quickly, but God’s honor lasts for eternity.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I want to serve You well in my generation. Help me to work as unto You in everything that is put before me. Help me to please You with my life. I want Your name to be glorified. Show me where I need to work on this and help me to please You every day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment