Friday, July 26, 2024

Recognize His Voice

 Scripture:

“For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it. He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds.” ‭‭Job‬ ‭33‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Elihu, who has been quiet until this time, begins to speak. He tells Job that God speaks all the time, but people don’t recognize it. He goes on to say that God speaks in dreams and visions of the night. He basically tells Job that God speaks, but often men don’t realize or recognize His voice. 

Application:

The reality is that God still speaks today, but it may be in ways we are not looking for or recognizing. I want to be tuned in to whatever God is speaking. I long to know His voice and hear more and more clearly throughout my life. I want to walk in obedience to all God puts in my heart, but I also need to hear His voice in order to obey. I want to be open to whatever way God wants to speak to me. I want God to know He has my attention. 

Prayer:

Father, speak to me through dreams, visions, people, circumstances, and any other way Your see fit. Help me to recognize Your voice and to always respond. When You speak, I want to listen and obey. Teach me to walk with You daily and to work with You daily. Operate in and through my life Father. I am Yours. Speak clearly and help me to hear Your voice.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

1 comment: