Thursday, July 4, 2024

Heirs of Abraham

 Scripture:

“There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.” ‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3‬:‭28‬-‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing Galatians to correct them concerning the observation of the Law and the belief through grace. He argues that the Law was until Christ as a way of getting and keeping people right with God. In this verse he summarizes his thoughts by saying that in Christ, there is lo longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. He continues by saying that we are all true children of Abraham. We are heirs and receive Abraham’s promise as well.

Application:

Faith pleases God, not works. Abraham taught us much and he lived before the Law was given to Moses. He was justified by faith and we are as well. When we come to God in faith, we become the children of Abraham, though we are physically Gentiles. Abraham was given some very powerful promises by God and we are heir to those promises through faith. We should live by faith, knowing that God has great intentions for us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live well the life of faith. Teach me to trust You each day and to respond to Your calling on my life. I want to please You in every way and I want my life to be a vessel You can work through. Take my hands, my heart, my feet, etc. and use them for Your glory. I am Yours! On this Independence Day in the United States, help me to walk in the freedom You died to give me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment