Thursday, July 11, 2024

Teaching God’s Word

 Scripture:

“They read from the Book of the Law of God and clearly explained the meaning of what was being read, helping the people understand each passage.” ‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭8‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Nehemiah finished rebuilding the wall, he and Ezra read the entire book of the Law to the people of Jerusalem. They stood for the reading. Then it says that they read from the Book of the Law of God and clearly explained the meaning of what was being read, helping the people understand each passage. The goal of a teacher in the body of Christ is to explain the meaning of the test and to help people understand each passage. Bringing understanding is crucial, not just bringing facts.

Application:

As one who teaches, I need to make sure I am clearly explaining each passage. My goal must be that each person would be able to understand the Word of God and not just memorize a text. I must be diligent to make sure I am making the Word of God understandable and applicable to those I speak to. I need to work at making sure a young adult can understand and apply the Word I teach. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to teach Your Word well. I want those who hear me to understand Your Word and delight in it. Help me to explain Your Word clearly to bring clarity, understanding and application. I want to do well what You have given me to do.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment