Wednesday, July 17, 2024

No Fear of Death

 Scripture:

“For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul was writing this letter from a jail cell. He truly wasn’t sure if he was going to live or die for Christ. He says that for his living means living for Christ and dying is even better. He goes on to say for the people’s sake it is better that he live so they can benefit and the Gospel could benefit. A person who doesn’t mind death is unstoppable.

Application:

Paul wasn’t sure if he would rather live or die. Either way, it was all about serving Christ and His purposes. He felt that dying is better than living. When we fully understand life and death as children of God, we don’t fear death anymore. Death, for us, is entering into perfect peace, and all of our trials and troubles being over. It means the beginning of life! Death and fear of death has no power over the person who understands this. We must live knowing that whether we live or die, we do it with Christ.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to live a fearless life. I want to walk in obedience to You no matter what the cost. Help me to live this life fearlessly and courageously. Teach me to live each day like it was my last. Help me to live in the present with eternity in mind at all times.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment