Friday, July 5, 2024

Faith Expressed in Love

 Scripture:

“For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.” ‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭6‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Galatians because they were slipping back into the Law as a means to salvation. He says here that when we put our faith in Christ and not in ourselves, there is no benefit to circumcision or uncircumcision. He says that the more important thing is faith expressing itself in love. In other words, love is the truest expression of faith.

Application:

We should be more known for our love of people than for our lists of regulations for being a Christian. Believers should be the most loving individuals on the planet. Christ continually broke the ceremonial law in order to help those who were hurting. He didn’t do this to destroy the Law, but to demonstrate that love is the heart of everything God does. I John tells us that God is love. If we are in Christ, love should ooze from our very being. Love should be what we are known for above all else.

Prayer:

Lord, let Your love flow through me. Teach me to let love as the greatest expression of my faith. I want to demonstrate Your incredible love to those around me. If I’m going to be known for something, let it be love and acceptance rather than rules and regulations. Help me to model Your love for all people.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment