Monday, July 15, 2024

Bravery

 Scripture:

““Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.”” ‭‭Esther‬ ‭4‬:‭16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Queen Esther had heard about the coming destruction of her people and Mordecai told her to go before the king to defend them. She knew this could cost her life because nobody went before the king uninvited. She asked people to pray and her response was, “though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.” That is bravery personified! She was willing to lose her life to save her people. 

Application:

Bravery is something we all admire, but few are willing to put their lives on the line for the benefit of someone else. True bravery does the right thing, even at the risk of personal detriment or loss. I want to live brave in God’s kingdom and do the right things, even when they may be unpopular. 

Prayer:

Lord, make me brave. I don’t want to back down from anything You ask me to do because of intimidation or manipulation. I want to serve You well and to fulfill Your will for my life 100%, even if that costs me something. Help me to live brave and willing to sacrifice it all for Your kingdom,

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment