Monday, July 8, 2024

Never Forsaken

 Scripture:

“For we were slaves. Yet our God did not forsake us in our bondage; but He extended mercy to us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to revive us, to repair the house of our God, to rebuild its ruins, and to give us a wall in Judah and Jerusalem.” ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭9‬:‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Ezra makes a powerful statement about what God had done for His people. He says that they were slaves, yet God didn’t forsake them in their bondage. Rather, God gave mercy to repair the house of the Lord, rebuild it, and to build a wall around their city. He understood that they didn’t deserve anything, yet God’s mercy was working on their behalf.

Application:

God works for His people, even when they are the ones who have messed up. God doesn’t forsake us in our self-created bondage. He gives us a way of escape. He extends mercy when we deserve judgment. We must remember where the Lord has brought us from and thank Him for His incredible mercy and grace. He has truly blessed us as His people. He has been so good to me in so many ways.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, thank You for loving me, accepting me, and putting up with me. Thank You for not forsaking me in my bondage, but loving me and bringing me out. Thank You for working in my life, my family, my church, and our region. You are awesome! Help me to serve You well in my generation. Let my answer always be yes to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment