Saturday, June 29, 2024

A Hearing Ear

 Scripture:

“Early the next morning the army of Judah went out into the wilderness of Tekoa. On the way Jehoshaphat stopped and said, “Listen to me, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be able to stand firm. Believe in his prophets, and you will succeed.”” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭20‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jehoshaphat told his people that if they would believe in the Lord their God and they would be able to stand firm against their enemies. He went on to say that if they believed God’s prophets they would succeed. When we believe in the Lord and his prophets, we will be victorious. In other words, when God says He is going to do something, we must believe He can do what He says He can do.

Application:

Doing what God is saying guarantees our success. The problem is more in the hearing than in the doing. Many who claim to be prophets today are not really hearing the word of the Lord. We have the Holy Spirit now to guide us personally, but His voice is sometimes difficult to discern when compared to our own thoughts. Our goal must be to have our ears opened to hear what the Lord is saying. Then, we can obey and prosper.

Prayer:

Father, here I am once again asking You to open my ears and my eyes. I want to hear Your voice clearly and see what You are doing around me. I don’t want to be led by my own thoughts and good ideas. I want Your ideas and Your thoughts. Increase my discernment that I may walk in confidence that You have spoken. I know You are speaking. Give me a hearing ear.

Yours,

Jeff

1 comment: