Saturday, June 8, 2024

Receiving Instruction

 Scripture:

“All his life Joash did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight because Jehoiada the priest instructed him.”   ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭12‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

Joash was a king who did what was pleasing in the sight of the Lord, but this verse attaches a reason, he was instructed by Jehoiada the priest. Pride says, “I can do this and don’t need anyone’s input.” Humility says, “I need instruction and help.” Joash did right because he listened to the right people. 

Application:

In leadership it is easy to fall into the trap of, “I’ve got this and I know what I’m doing.” That is a dangerous place. We must invite others into the room and receive their instruction. Team leadership is effective leadership. God has put many parts in the body and together we can make a tremendous impact for the Lord. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to remain teachable and instructable at all times. Help me to walk in humility and to learn from those You have places around me. Enable me to listen well before leading strong. Teach me to honor those who are around me by listening to them. I want to lead well and learn well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment