Monday, June 10, 2024

Upholding My Part of the Covenant

 Scripture:

““Remember, O Lord, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.” Then he broke down and wept bitterly.” ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭20‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Hezekiah was given a prophecy about his quick death coming. He went to the Lord and reminded the Lord that he had always been faithful to him and had served him single-mindedly. He also told the Lord that he always did what pleased the Lord, then he broke down and wept. Quickly, the Lord sent a message to Hezekiah that his life was extended 15 years.

Application:

God’s healing is for everyone. He doesn’t have favorites, but when you know you have been serving the Lord well and following His ways, it is easier to say like Hezekiah, “I have always been faithful to you and served You single-mindedly.” When life sends us discouraging news, we can remind God we are in a covenant with Him. When we need a miracle, we can remind God that we have been holding up our part of the covenant. He is a covenant keeping God. In order to do what Hezekiah did, we must walk in purity before the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercies are forever. Help me to live a life that You can bless and that I can say, “You know I have served you wholeheartedly in every area.” Let me always uphold my part of the covenant. Teach me to follow Your ways and to walk according to Your paths. Show me each day what You want me to do and give me a heart to follow Your completely.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment