Wednesday, June 5, 2024

What Do You Have?

 Scripture:

““What can I do to help you?” Elisha asked. “Tell me, what do you have in the house?” “Nothing at all, except a flask of olive oil,” she replied.” ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭4‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When the widow woman was about to sell her two sons to the creditors and be devastated, she reached out to Elisha. He asked her what she had in her house. She said she just had a flask of olive oil. It was the only thing she had. God never asks us for what we don’t have, just what we do have. He multiplies what we have.

Application:

It is easy to think about what others have and what I don’t have, but God can do more with what I have than I could ever do with what I wish I had. He doesn’t need much to work with. He simply needs an obedience heart. I need to offer whatever I have to the Lord for Him to use it. Rather than seeing what I don’t have, I need to thank God for what I have and let Him multiply it.

Prayer:

Father, I give you everything I have this morning. Whatever is mine, is Yours. Use my life for Your glory. Let me never hold on too tightly to what I have, but to trust You are able to multiply whatever is in Your hands. Teach me to walk by faith and not by sight more and more.

Your Son,

Jeff

1 comment: