Thursday, June 13, 2024

Future-oriented Living

 Scripture:

“For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.” ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This Scripture lets us know that one day we will stand before the judgment seat of Christ and will receive what we deserve, for the good or evil we have done while on earth. This verse alone should cause us to live lives that are pure and godly. This verse alone should make us want to serve well in the master’s harvest fields. The sad thing is that most of us live our lives without ever thinking that this day will come upon us in the future and we will give account for every idle word according to Jesus.

Application:

The best way to live life is to live in the present with an eye on eternity. We must live each day knowing and understanding that how we live our lives day to day down here will be rewarded when we step into eternity. My goal in life is quite simply to hear the words, “Well done good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of the Lord.” When we live eternity focused, we will live differently on our jobs, in our neighborhoods, and in society as a whole.

Prayer:

Father, show me how to live each day like it could be my last. Help me to live life in the here and now while keeping an eye on eternity. Let me not get tied up pursuing earthly things, but to put my treasure in things that don’t rust or corrupt. I long to live a life of impact for Your Kingdom. Help me to discipline my life to accomplish more with the time I have left on this earth.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment