Tuesday, June 4, 2024

If I am a Man of God

 Scripture:

“But Elijah replied to the captain, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and destroy you and your fifty men!” Then fire fell from heaven and killed them all.” ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭1‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

King Ahaziah sent fifty men to Elijah to bring him back to the king because he has prophesied that the king would die. The king hated Elijah and sent the 50 men to bring him back. When they found Elijah, he said, “If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven  and destroy you and your fifty men.” Immediately the fire fell and the men were killed. This happened two times.

Application:

Faith says things that are dangerous at times. Faith causes us to say things like, “If I am a man of God…” One has to have a strong walk with the Lord to say things like that or he will be in big trouble. Confidence in God and your walk with God must be at super high levels in order to make bold declarations. I want to walk in the authority of Elijah and be able to declare, “if I am a man of God.” It has always been my desire in life to be known, not as a pastor or leader, but as a man of God. 

Prayer:

Father, I want to be a man of God who can call down fire if necessary. I want to walk with You and accomplish Your will in the earth. Open my eyes and open my ears to see and hear You clearly so I can speak more confidently. I believe the world needs some more Elijahs, and I want to be one of them.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment