Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Worthy of the Pursuit

 Scripture:

“Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him.” ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When David was bringing the Ark of God’s presence into Jerusalem, he wrote a song for the occasion. This is one line of the song but a powerful thought. He says that we should search for the Lord… and for His strength. Then he says we must continually seek Him. Searching and seeking are very much part of God’s desire for His people. We search for Him and His strength to do what He wants us to do. Our position is one of continually seeking Him.

Application:

Throughout the Bible we are encouraged to seek the Lord and we are given the promise that then He will allow us to find Him. The constant pursuit of God is the responsibility of every believer. At salvation we enter into a beautiful relationship with the king of glory. It is then our job to seek Him continually because there is so much to learn of His goodness and majesty. We should never stop seeking Him. He is worthy of the pursuit!

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You intimately. Help me to always have a seeking heart after You. Let me be a constant seeker because there is so much of You to find. Help me to never be satisfied, but to seek more of You and Your presence in my life. I want You to fill me to overflowing and I need Your strength today. Breathe life into me this morning and joy. Let my life reflect You well.

Yours,

Jeff

1 comment: