Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Wholehearted Devotion

 Scripture:

“He prayed, “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of heaven and earth. You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion.” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭6‬:‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon had built the Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem and was dedicating it. As part of the dedication he prayed. In his prayer he described what God does as, “You keep Your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before You in wholehearted devotion.” God has always been looking for people who would be fully devoted to Him.

Application:

According to Solomon, the wisest man to ever live, God is a covenant keeper and shows unfailing love to those who walk in wholehearted devotion. We don’t have to worry whether God will keep His covenant with us. We have to be careful to keep our end of the covenant with Him. Our job is to live with wholehearted devotion before the Lord. We must be fully devoted if we want to walk in covenant with Him. 

Prayer:

Father, I want to be known as one who is wholly devoted to You and Your Kingdom. I want to live in covenant with You throughout my life. Help me to do my part and I know You will do Your part. Show. Me each day what You desire of me and give me the strength to fulfill Your desires for my life. I am Yours completely. Use my life for Your glory and to bring You honor.

Fully Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment