Saturday, June 22, 2024

Messages in Song

 Scripture:

“David and the army commanders then appointed men from the families of Asaph, Heman, and Jeduthun to proclaim God’s messages to the accompaniment of lyres, harps, and cymbals. Here is a list of their names and their work:” ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭25‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David had men appointed from special families, whose job it was to “proclaim God’s messages to the accompaniment of lyres, harps, and cymbals.” What I observe about this is the fact that is wasn’t called songs, but God’s messages were to be put to music and sung. Putting a message to music makes it memorable. It also demonstrates the importance of the message.

Application:

When God drops a word in my heart, as a preacher, I generally preach it. I do realize there is power in a spontaneous song and throughout my life have used that means to sing to the Lord. I have not really conveyed a prophetic type message to the Lord through music. This is a whole new level. Many of the worship songs today I would put in this category. They are messages about who God is and what He can do for His people. I want to do some song/message writing.

Prayer:

Father, I see here Your heart for hearing messages in music. I personally have always loved singing to You. I want to step into this more and more, but I need You to heal and restore my voice. I ask You this morning to restore my voice and let me sing Your messages with a strong voice. Let me write some messages from You and for You and about You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

1 comment: