Friday, July 1, 2022

Spiritual Fathers

 Scripture:

“Zechariah was Uzziah's advisor and taught him to obey God. And so, as long as Zechariah was alive, Uzziah was faithful to God, and God made him successful.” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭26:5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This is two days in a row that the same thing happened, which I have never realized before, maybe it’s the translation difference. In this passage, we see that Uzziah was taught by Zechariah to obey God and as long as Zechariah was alive, Uzziah was faithful and God made him successful. Zechariah was a spiritual father to Uzziah, but his work didn’t continue after he died. 

Application:

When being a spiritual father, we must be careful to connect our sons and daughters to Christ and not only to ourselves. Our goal must be that they will do well, long after we have passed away or moved on. Their walk with God cannot be based on us, but on Christ. We need to make sure those we lead have a strong walk with the Lord that will never be shaken.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be the person You want me to be. Thank You for pointing this out to me the last couple days. I want to raise spiritual sons and daughters that will go farther and deeper with You than I ever could. Help me to train them well and cause them not to lean on me, but to lean into You. Let their lives be impacted more by You than by me.

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment