Friday, July 8, 2022

Sin and Humility

 Scripture:

“Lord God of Israel, you have been more than fair by letting a few of us survive. But once again, our sins have made us ashamed to face you.” ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭9:15‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Ezra realized the priests and the people who had returned, had married foreign women, which he knew God didn’t approve of. When it came before him, he humbled himself and asked everyone to fast and pray. His approach to God when he found all this out was in total humility and brokenness. He tells the Lord He has been gracious to let a few of them survive, but their sins made them ashamed to face the Lord. 

Application:

Today, we have lost the true conviction for our sins. We know and understand God’s love and forgiveness really well, but have forgot about His power and righteousness. When we sin, we should humble ourselves before God and repent for those sins. When we sin, we do it against a holy God. We should feel ashamed, as Ezra did, when we sin rather than flaunting our sin, we should humble ourselves before God and beg His forgiveness. 

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to never take sin lightly. Show me where I am missing the mark and help me to confront it with humility. Teach me to view sin like You view sin. Enable me to live a life that pleases You in every area. When I do mess up, please let Your conviction be strong upon me and let me quickly repent. I want to walk closely with You and don’t want any sin to mess that up.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment