Friday, July 29, 2022

Know Your WHY

 Scripture:

“We announce the message about Christ, and we use all our wisdom to warn and teach everyone, so all of Christ's followers will grow and become mature. This is why I work so hard and use the mighty power he gives me.” ‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:28-29‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul writes that he preaches, teaches, and warns, so all Christ’s followers will grow and become mature. He said that is his why. He said that’s why he worked so hard and used God’s mighty power. He did everything he did so that Christ’s followers could become strong and mature in Christ. Paul knew his WHY.

Application:

If we want to be successful in any endeavor, we have to know our WHY. Why we do what we do is called motivation. Without motivation, we will never get anything done. There must be a reason. There must be a WHY. Sometimes I have to ask myself why I am doing what I am doing. In order to stay on track and accomplish anything, I must spend time periodically focusing on the WHY.

Prayer:

My WHY has always been simply that I want to obey You in every area of my life. My desire is to do Your will and to walk in step with You. My WHY is also that the nations may know You and be impacted by Your goodness. I want my life to count for Your kingdom. I want people in heaven because I worked, preached, taught, gave, and went. You are my WHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment