Thursday, July 7, 2022

God Can Use Anyone to Accomplish His Purposes

 Scripture:

“Because King Artaxerxes was so kind, Ezra said: Praise the Lord God of our ancestors! He made sure that the king honored the Lord's temple in Jerusalem. God has told the king, his advisors, and his powerful officials to treat me with kindness. The Lord God has helped me, and I have been able to bring many Jewish leaders back to Jerusalem.” ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭7:27-28‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Ezra, in this passage, was telling how the kings of Babylon were helping rebuild the Temple of the Lord God Almighty. It is incredible that God put it into the heart of a foreign king to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. It also says that God helped Ezra bring many Jewish leaders back to Jerusalem. God put it into the heart of people that didn’t know Him to send His people back and to bless them on the way back.

Application:

God can do whatever God wants to do! He can take a foreign king and have him finance the work of the Kingdom. God can use people who don’t even know Him to be a blessing to His people. We need to realize that God is not limited to the way we think things can be accomplished. God can cause our enemies to bless us if He wants to. May we always see God as the one who makes a way where there seems to be no way.

Prayer:

Father, You are incredible! Help me to not limit my thinking to only what I can see or imagine, but to see things how You see them. Teach me to believe You for greater things. Increase my faith in You each day and let that faith honor You in every way. Let my life be lived for Your glory and Your glory alone.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment