Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Freedom in Christ

 Scripture:

“Christ has set us free! This means we are really free. Now hold on to your freedom and don't ever become slaves of the Law again.” Galatians‬ ‭5:1‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing here and letting the Galatians, who were trying to make Gentiles follow the Jewish laws, know that there is freedom in Christ. He is telling them that God is not as concerned about us following every detail of the Law as much as He is us following Him. He was telling them that Christ set us free and now we should be really free.

Application:

Christ wants us to walk in freedom, but freedom doesn’t mean I can just do anything I want. Freedom means I don’t have to follow the man made laws of the flesh, but need to follow the laws of the Spirit, which He will lead me into. He wants me alert to His Spirit and not just a follower of legal terms and laws.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in tune with Your precious Holy Spirit. Help me to understand freedom and Law. Teach me Your word and let me see the difference. More than anything, help me to follow the voice of Your Spirit throughout my days. Let my ears be open to hear You and my eyes open to know You Lord.

Yours.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment