Saturday, July 9, 2022

Work, Fight, and Pray!

 Scripture:

“But we kept on praying to our God, and we also stationed guards day and night.” ‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭4:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah is a great example of how prayer and works go together. He was attempting to rebuild the walls of the city of Jerusalem that had fallen down while having enemies attack his people as they were trying to build. He prayed and put plans into action. He realized that you have to pray, but you also have to work to make something happen. He was determined to finish the project so he prayed, worked, and fought, all at the same time.

Application:

There are some people who are totally prayer people and some people who are works people. The fact is, we need to be both. As Mark Batterson says, “you have to work like it all depends on you and pray like it all depends on God.” The combination is powerful! When we give God our very best in getting the work done, but are in a place of humility where we realize we can do nothing without God, we are in a good place. 

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to work and pray until I see Your Kingdom come and Your will being done on earth. Help me to keep the proper balance of spiritual and natural in my life. I realize my need for You to intervene in the affairs of my life every day. I need You desperately and want You to dictate every step I take.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment