Saturday, July 2, 2022

Honoring God and Not Self

 Scripture:

“But Hezekiah was so proud that he refused to thank the Lord for everything he had done for him. This made the Lord angry, and he punished Hezekiah and the people of Judah and Jerusalem.”  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭32:25‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Hezekiah did great throughout most of his life and leadership. He honored God and led his people away from evil, but later in life he got proud and didn’t thank the Lord for everything He had done. The Lord wasn’t happy and punished Hezekiah and the people of Judah and Jerusalem. Leadership impacts the leader and also those under them.

Application:

When God places us in a position of leadership, we need to make sure we live humbly before Him and give Him all the glory and honor for everything He has done. It is the Lord who raises up and who puts down, our trust must be in Him and not ourselves. As for me, I want to walk in humility and trust God to fight my battles rather than trying to fight on my own.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are worthy of honor, praise, glory and my utmost devotion. You are the one who has blessed my life. Without You, I am nothing. You are the source of every good thing in my life and I realize that. You are my everything! Help me to serve You well in my generation and to do all You ask me to do. I want to finish well.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment