Thursday, July 14, 2022

Led by Love

 Scripture:

“Let love be your guide. Christ loved us and offered his life for us as a sacrifice that pleases God.”

Ephesians‬ ‭5:2‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Ephesians to let love be our guide because Christ loved us and offered His life for ours as a sacrifice that pleased God. A guide takes us on a journey to a destination. Love should take our lives on a journey, leading us to help people, build people, strengthen people, and love people.

Application:

Sometimes we are led by hurt, pain, anxiety, fear, etc. rather than by love. It is easy to allow hurt and failures from the past stop us from loving people in the present. We must learn to be led by love and not by rejection, frustration, etc. Being led by love means doing things for others instead of only for self. It means taking down the walls that protect us from hurt and allowing ourselves to be vulnerable.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to live this verse well in my life. Help me to not just love, but to be led by love. Let Your love fill my heart with compassion. Show me how to live well in my context. Teach me to love like You love. Enable me to demonstrate the love of God to everyone I come in contact with. Teach me Your ways and help me to follow You well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment