Saturday, July 30, 2022

Focused

 Scripture:

“Be sure to pray that God will make a way for us to spread his message and explain the mystery about Christ, even though I am in jail for doing this.” ‭‭Colossians‬ ‭4:3‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Colossians here and tells them to keep on praying. In this passage, he tells them while they are praying, to pray that God will make a way for them to spread His message and explain the mystery of Christ, even though he was in jail. In his jail cell, he was more concerned with spreading the Good News than his own personal blessings.

Application:

When I am faced with trials and hard times, may my focus remain the building of God’s kingdom around the world. When problems arise, it is easy to lose focus of your calling. I want to live like Paul, who never lost sight of his calling, even when in prison for doing it.

Prayer:

Father, enable me to have the right focus at all times. In good times and in bad times, help me to be thinking of extending Your kingdom. Show me how to live in a way that honors You above all else. Let my life bring Your praise and glory. Teach me how to keep focused in the difficult times and to accomplish much for Your kingdom.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment