Friday, July 15, 2022

Knowing the Times

 Scripture:

“If you don't speak up now, we will somehow get help, but you and your family will be killed. It could be that you were made queen for a time like this!”” ‭‭Esther‬ ‭4:14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Haman had already gone to the king and there was already a decree issued that all the Jews were to be put to death. Mordecai cried out to Esther, his cousin, who had some political clout, and told her what was happening. She was nervous because, though she was queen, she didn’t have authority in the kingdom. Mordecai told her that if she didn’t speak up, somehow they would get help, but she would be killed.

Application:

There is a time when you can’t be silent anymore. I believe there is a time to be silent and not say much, but there are times when desperate times call for desperate measures. There is a time when not saying anything is just as wrong as saying something. We must really seek God to know the heart of the Father and to speak what He wants spoken at the time He wants it spoken.

Prayer:

Father, I want Your heart. I want to know exactly when to stand up and cry out and when to sit and be silent. I want to walk in tune with You and say what You are saying. Give me an ear to hear what You are saying to the Church. I long to walk closer to You and more intimately with You. You are my everything and I don’t want to work or do anything apart from You. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment