Saturday, July 23, 2022

Yet, I will See God

 Scripture:

“My flesh may be destroyed, yet from this body I will see God. Yes, I will see him for myself, and I long for that moment.” ‭‭Job‬ ‭19:26-27‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

At this point, Job has pretty much given up. He feels like God is judging him for something he didn’t do. He completely believes God is attacking him, yet he declares, “my flesh may be destroyed, yet from this body I will see God… and I long for that moment.” Job longed for death yet had confidence that in death he would see the Lord and all would be better. 

Application:

Sometimes when we are going through a hard time and even life itself seems to be slipping away, we must keep our eyes on the Lord. Job knew he was ready to die and go be with the Lord. This gave him confidence beyond the pain of that day. When things are bad, we can have confidence that God is still with us and that we will see Him one day. 

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. You are faithful and just. When I don’t understand what I see in front of me or what is happening to me, help me to trust Your heart and know that You are faithful. When things are difficult and I don’t know what to do, lead me with Your hand and guide me with Your Spirit. Let my confidence in You grow each day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment