Monday, July 18, 2022

Knowing Christ

Scripture:

“Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭CEV‬‬ 

Observation:

Paul tells us here that nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus and that he has given up everything else because he wants to know Christ. He says here that he counts everything else in life as garbage compared to knowing Christ, which was the most valuable thing in his life.

Application:

Knowing Christ Jesus is life! He is my everything! He is my why. He is my purpose. He is why I was born  and he is why I will die. nothing compares to Him. I want to live my life knowing Him more and more intimately. I want to become the person He wants me to be. I want to live a life of godly pursuit. I want nothing in my life to compete with the position Christ has.

Prayer:

Father, let me know You more and more each day. Reveal Yourself to me as I pursue You. Let me know Christ in a more personal way every day. I want to know the depths of Your love and the heights of Your righteousness. I want to walk in step with You throughout my life and to bring You glory and honor. You have done so much for me. You are my everything. Help me to serve You well and bring others into Your kingdom.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment