Thursday, June 30, 2022

Direct Connect for the Next Generation

 Scripture:

“While Jehoiada the priest was alive, Joash obeyed the Lord by doing right.” ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭24:2‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This simple sentence is so powerful and so deep. “While” Jehoiada was alive, Jonah’s obeyed the Lord. As long as Joash had she spiritual father on the scene, he stayed on the right path, but when his spiritual father died, he started veering off of God’s path. 

Application:

We must not only be spiritual fathers to sons and daughters, we must help them to connect, not only to us, but to God so that when we go away, they remain strong in the Lord. I need to make sure people are not looking to me, but looking to God and connecting with Him directly. We must not only teach the next generation about God, but they must encounter Christ for themselves so their faith doesn’t die with a person.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to get people connected to the true vine and not just connected to me. Let my life bring people into relationship with You so that they can continue to grow long after I’m gone. Help me to build ministry well, so that people’s faith isn’t in a man, but in You my Lord. I want people to do right long after I pass from teh scene of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment