Thursday, June 23, 2022

Words From a Father

 Scripture:

“Solomon, my son, worship God and obey him with all your heart and mind, just as I have done. He knows all your thoughts and your reasons for doing things, and so if you turn to him, he will hear your prayers. But if you ignore him, he will reject you forever.” ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭28:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

David had made preparations for the Temple to be constructed and had just given orders about it’s completion. He told the whole nation to never walk away from the Lord, then he turned his attention to his son who would rule in his place and gave him these words, “obey him with all your heart and mind…if you turn to Him, He will hear your prayers… if you ignore him, He will reject you.”

Application:

David spoke encouragement to his son, yet he also told him the consequences of not following the Lord wholeheartedly. He told his son that God knows everything in his heart anyway, so he must honor the Lord with all his heart. We must live a life that pleases the Lord and do what He says, we must also prepare the generations behind us to do the same. We must not be afraid to say the hard things.

Prayer:

Father, help me to serve You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Teach me Your ways and let me serve You well. Empower me to train up the next generation of ministers and servants of Yours. Help me to say what needs said and to live a life that is worthy of imitating. Bless my life, my family and everything around me and let me never be ashamed to tell of Your goodness.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment