Monday, June 13, 2022

Blessed to be a Blessing

 Scripture:

“It doesn't matter how much you have. What matters is how much you are willing to give from what you have.” ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul, in this passage, is speaking to the Corinthian believers concerning giving to help others. He says it doesn’t matter how much you have, but how much you are willing to give from what you have. God is more concerned about our giving than our saving.

Application:

The world wants more, more, more. It cries out wanting to have more money, more stuff, more tech, etc. Our goal shouldn’t be to have more, but to give more. It has been said, “when you get blessed, raise your standard of giving, not your standard of living.” Powerful statement. If you focus is on giving, God said He would give seed to the sower. Givers always have enough for themselves and enough to share with others.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to live as a giver and not a taker. Teach me to follow Your ways and to live a selfless life. Help me not to compare myself with others concerning what they have and what I have. Teach me to be content, yet to increase my ability to give. Bless me so I can be a blessing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment